Reliable & Valid Source of ASI Training
Generally, there is little to no accountability for trainers, educators, or the organizations that provide training on the ASI, or other subject matter, and interventions in the behavioral health care field i.e., addictions and mental health field. As a result there are many who do so, and only a few who are effective.
The ASI E- Course is evidence based, and proven effective. It works! It teaches learners how to correctly administer the ASI. States, treatment programs, research institutes, and criminal justice organizations now have access to a reliable and valid source of ASI training 24/7, 365 days a year.
Accessing training workshops on the ASI when you need them can be difficult and costly. ASI E-Learning provides individuals and organizations real time access 24/7, 365 days a year, or for the life of the subscription to ASI training content, opportunities to practice, and performance feedback regarding the correct administration of the ASI. Real Time access means individuals and organizations will;
- No longer be dependent on when or where ASI Training Workshops are being offered.
- No longer have to limit staff attendance to insure coverage in the treatment center.
- No longer have to align staff schedules with training calendars.
- No longer leave standard workshops not knowing whether or not, or to what degree they have successfully acquired new knowledge and skills.
- Have access to the training content, additional opportunities to practice and performance feedback.
Ongoing access to ASI training content, opportunities to practice, and performance feedback supports and reinforces learning, transfer, and maintenance of learning transferred to the workplace.
ASI E-Learning’s online environment greatly reduces time and costs associated with standard pre-training coordination, training delivery, and post training follow up. Cost for training materials e.g., handouts, exercises, manuals, and evaluations can be downloaded directly to the learners computer, reducing the cost of printing, and contributing to a cleaner and greener environment. Cost associated with travel, lodging, and meals are eliminated.
The content and methods incorporated into ASI E-Learning are based on a proven and effective ASI training curriculum, results of training effectiveness studies conducted on ASI training methods, and Dr. Coyne and colleagues 20 years of experience providing training on the ASI in the addictions, mental health and criminal justice fields.
The ASI E- Course format and functionality is based on, and guided by Evidenced Based Adult Learning Principles and Practices e.g., goal setting, learning contracts, behavioral modeling, opportunities to practice, pre and post learning measures and performance feedback.
Research indicates that performance feedback and opportunities to practice during and following training enhances learning, and supports the generalization and maintenance of learning in the workplace.
Improves Learning Outcomes
The evidenced based adult learning practices and principles incorporated into the design of ASI E-Course facilitates improved learning outcomes, i.e., learning, the transfer of learning back to the workplace, and the maintenance of learning transferred back to the workplace.
- Learning: the acquisition of new knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Learning Transfer: the effective application of new knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSAs) learned as a result of training, that are successfully transferred to the workplace.
- Maintenance of Learning Transferred: can be defined as the continued effective application of knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSAs) learned as a result of training that are successfully transferred to, and maintained in the workplace over time.
The acquisition, transfer and maintenance of the knowledge and skills required to administer the ASI correctly can lead to;
- More Comprehensive and Accurate Assessments
- More Informed Patient Placement Decisions
- More Informed Treatment Planning
- Increased initiation, engagement & retention rates
- Improved treatment outcomes.
The ASI E-Course can track individual performance scores on all learning measures. It can be used for the ongoing evaluation of an ASI interviewer’s knowledge, especially for interviewers administering the ASI to clients involved in criminal justice system.
Evidence Based – Proven Effective – Designed For Transfer